What a lot of change in a short space of time, with such a direct and personal impact on us all!
What GMP is doing in response to COVID-19:
- Facing this uncertainty with the strong foundation of our faith in Jesus Christ, and the solid rock that it is.
- Continuing to make our partners our priority. We are seeking to ensure that our partners know that they are supported with prayer and encouragement. The GMP Board has written to each one.
- Thanking you for the loyal and consistent support for our partners. It is so encouraging to be receiving gifts in response to the Walk For Hope Easter offering. (www.gmp.org.au)
- Monitoring the impact of COVID-19 in each partner setting. We are acutely aware that out international partners and many Indigenous communities do not have good and easy access to health care for testing or support.
- Most GMP staff are now working from home. A reduced number of staff are keeping the finances and admin side of things operating in Adelaide, while sitting more that 2m apart! We are putting in place measures for them to work from home should that become necessary.
- Reviewing our budget and costs in light of the fall in investments and the decline in the value of the Australian Dollar. We have a Business Continuity Team in place to provide guidance as we navigate this difficult time.
- Adjusting our plans. Our strategic planning process is still under way – albeit with a different reality than anticipated.
Our Board and staff seek your continued prayers and encouragement for our partners and our work.